Los Banos Police Department, with the assistance of the Merced County Probation Department and the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, conducted an operation on November 18, 2013. The operation was a combination of compliance checks on State Parolees, adults on Merced County Probation, and Individuals released under California’s AB109/State Prison Realignment.
The following individuals were placed under arrest during the operation:
1. Samuel Arroyo, 19- Burglary arrest warrant.
2. Jose Munguia, 24- Violation of probation conditions.
3. Rosendo Sanchez, 19- Violation of probations conditions.
4. Charles Johnson, 31- Violation of parole conditions, possession of drug paraphernalia.
5. Sandra Quiroz, 40- Assault arrest warrant.
6. Clinton Climer, 31- Possession of a controlled substance.
7. Daniel DeHerrera, 37- Violation of post release supervision conditions-AB109.
8. Jordan Davis, 22- Resisting arrest warrant.
9. Joseph Manitone, 24- Possession of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance for sales, cultivation of marijuana, possession of live ammunition by a convicted felon, violation of parole conditions.
10. Teresa Ostrander, 41- Possession of live ammunition by a convicted felon, violation of parole conditions.
11. Falluh Newton, 27- Manufacture of methamphetamine.
12. Michael Measel, 40- Possession of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance for sales, possession of marijuana for sales, violation of probation conditions, maintain a residence where drugs are sold, manufacture of methamphetamine.
13. Steven Cecena, 20- Possession of marijuana for sales, possession of concentrated cannabis, visit a place where controlled substance are used, manufacture of methamphetamine.
In one case, Detective Eduardo Solis, and members of the Merced County Probation Department arrived at an apartment in the 700 Block of Illinois Avenue to conduct a probation compliance check of 40-year-old Michael Measel.
While the Officers were approaching, they were met by 20-year-old Steven Cecena of Los Banos. When Cecena saw the Officers he turned and ran toward the garage. The Officers pursued Cecena and entered the garage where they located Measel, and 27-year-old Falluh Newton.
When Measel saw the Officers he attempted to conceal a case containing a large amount of marijuana and methamphetamine. Measel, Newton, and Cecena were placed under arrest. While searching the garage area, Officers discovered several containers where methamphetamine was being produced. The Merced Multi-Agency Narcotics Task Force along with the Department of Justice responded and confirmed that methamphetamine was being produced in the garage. After several hours of clean-up and decontamination, the methamphetamine solutions and chemicals were removed.
In total, Officers seized approximately 71 grams of completed methamphetamine, approximately 42 grams of marijuana, a digital scale, over 1000 prescription narcotic pills, and approximately $3000.00 in cash.
“This is a win for our community and the neighborhood where this lab was set up. We greatly appreciate the assistance from our Law Enforcement partners who help with operations like this.”
-Ray Reyna, Police Commander
Newton and Measel are currently in custody at the John Latorraca Correctional Facility, where Newton is being held on $500,000.00 bail and Measel is being held without bail. Cecena is in custody at the Merced Main Jail pending $510,000.00 bail.
To leave an anonymous crime tip call 209-827-7070 Ext. 288. If you have access to a computer and the internet you can also leave an anonymous tip at the Police Department’s web page at www.losbanos.org. At the bottom of the “Contact” page simply click on the “report graffiti and other crime” link or visit the Merced Area Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-855-725-2420, or at www.mercedareacrimestoppers.org